Charges to enrol applies to some agencies
Safer Recruitment - Virtual course. 2 x 3 hour sessions split over 2 days.
Thursday 25 November 2021 and Thursday 2 December 2021, 13:00-16:00 both days - You must attend day 1 before day 2 and both days must be attended. A link to the training will be sent to successful applicants nearer the time.
For senior leaders and staff who participate in the recruitment process for employees, the course will enable participants to:
- Undertake Safer Recruitment Consortium accredited training on Safer Recruitment and achieve certification plus:
- Gain an understanding and awareness of offender behaviour
- Identify key features of staff recruitment that help to deter or prevent the appointment of unsuitable people
- Consider policies and practices that minimise opportunities for abuse or ensure its prompt reporting
- Help participants review their policies and practices with a view to creating a culture of vigilance
NB: Under the School (Staffing) Regualtions 2009, no interview panel to appoint staff working in maintained, non-maintained, VC, VA schools and academies should be convened without at least one member undertaking Safer Recruitment training. All schools have a statutory duty to use safer recruitment techniques as set out in Keeping Children Safe in Education 2020 part 3.
At the end of the day there will be a multiple choice test of your knowledge from the course. Certificates will be issued upon completion of the test. If you are unable to stay to complete the test, you will need to complete it at a later date before your certificate will be issued. If you require any particular support in completing the test, please inform the trainer on the day.