Social Media, Music Videos and Youth Violence - Virtual course via Micosoft Teams
This course is aimed at practitioners from all agencies whose role requires them to support young people to provide understanding of how social media plays a vital role in the communication between young people and the impacts this has on their everyday life choices, friendships and well-being.
* Understand the current social media platforms which young people use to communicate.
* Understand the wider impact of fashion, film, games and music on youth and violent subcultures.
* Understand the impact of mass/multimedia and social media on young people and youth violence.
* Understand concepts such as disrespect, shame, hurt, guilt and its contribution to violence.
* Be able to citically self-reflect and to share learning with others about ways to address issues around the links between social media usage and violence.